Buying a hot tub is fun, but owning one is also surprisingly good for your health and well-being. From better sleep to reduced stress, hot tubbing is a healthy pastime for your and your family.
1. Ease Sore Muscles: After an injury, a hard workout, or a long run, nothing is better at soothing sore muscles than a soak in a hot tub. WebMD states that both massage and warm water can ease muscle pain. Bullfrog Spas' JetPak Therapy System actually combines both, and lets you customize your hot tub experience.
2. Reduce Stress: Americans are under a lot of stress. Stress from the office. Stress at home. It is everywhere. In fact, studies show that this country has almost 45% more stress than five years ago. Knowing how to relax is key to reducing stress in one's life. A nice soak in a hot tub can help tremendously in reducing stress and relaxing you.
3. Entertain Friends: If you like to entertain friends and neighbors, having a party-size hot tub is a great investment for future parties. In fact, the hot tub can be the event, especially if you live in a colder climate. Hot tub parties are as common as hot toddies after skiing, sledding, or ice skating. You get to warm up and hang out with friends. Win-win.
4. Get a Good Night's Sleep: The Mayo Clinic suggest that adults get eight hours of sleep a night, but that rarely happens in this day and age. Believe it or not, a quick dip in a hot tub can help. Studies show that as little as 15 minutes in the hot tub before bed can ensure that you get a good night's rest. The warm water raises body temperature and, upon exiting the tub, it drops rapidly. This shock actually helps the body to get a deeper sleep later.
5. Spend Time With Family: The latest reports from Nielsen state that Americans over the age of two watch an average of 34 hours of television a week, and another four to six hours of taped shows. Frankly, that is too much. Spend quality time with your entire family by taking a dip in the hot tub. Take the time to relax and simply talk to each other.
6. Relief for Arthritis: Arthritis sufferers know that joints can get so stiff and swollen that it can make normal activities difficult. Hydrotherapy can help ease the pain and loosen up stiff joints. While the warm water loosens joints, the simple exercises and stretches often used in hydrotherapy can help take the process to the next level of relief. Plus, the pulsating jets in a Bullfrog spa can be directed at particularly sore areas for increased relief.
7. Lower Blood Pressure: High blood pressure, or complications from high blood pressure, was listed as the cause of death for almost 350,000 Americans a year. The Mayo Clinic states that relaxing, and getting a good night's sleep --all things that hot tubs can help with -- are great ways to reduce one's high blood pressure at home.
8. Managing Type 2 Diabetes: A revealing study shows that sitting in a hot tub for just 30 minutes a day, six days a week, can lower blood sugars in patients with Type 2 Diabetes and, in turn, help them lose weight. There are concerns about blood sugar dropping too low with this type of therapy; please consult your doctor before trying.
Whether you are interested in a hot tub for health reasons, or for purely recreational purposes, talk to your local Bullfrog Spas dealer to learn more. Click here for more information.Share